Jigsaw – Digital Immigrant v. Digital Native – read, watch and take notes (10 min.) on your assigned resource, find others that reviewed the same resource (discuss/plan – 20 min.), Return to row group and present (20 min).
- Marc Prensky research paper (6 pages) – Notes gDoc
- Ian Jukes – Teaching the Digital Generation (10:31) – Notes gDoc
- Koutropoulos – Ten Years Later – Digital Immigrant v. Digital Native (8 pages) – Notes gDoc
- Sreenivasan | TEDxNewYork – Digital Immigrant v. Digital Native (8:30) – Notes gDoc
- Catalyst – Are You A Digital Native Or A Digital Immigrant? (8:56) – Notes gDoc
Bonus – Zamboglou – eLearning for Digital Natives – Ella’s Story
Brainstorm via Padlet -21st Century Skills – Focus on these new skills does not mean we ignore 20th century skills.
- Group #1 Link – http://padlet.com/sjknight/bw44diy014o4
- Group #2 – http://padlet.com/sjknight/zjfj990vut2g –
- Resource – Partnership for 21st Century Skills Framework
Frontline – Generation Like (53:41) – PBS
John White’s Digital Visitor v. Resident Video part #2 – Credibility (10:40)
Rosenthal Tolisano, Silvia. “Digital Storytelling – Part I.” Langwitches Blog. N.p., Apr.-May 2008. Web. 11 June 2012. <http://langwitches.org/blog/2008/04/19/digital-storytelling-part-i/>.
Rosenthal Tolisano, Silvia. “Digital Storytelling – Part II.” Langwitches Blog. N.p., Apr.-May 2008. Web. 11 June 2012. <http://langwitches.org/blog/2008/04/25/digital-storytelling-part-ii/>
Post 2 responses on your blog/class preparation:
1 – After watching Generation Like, respond to this question on your class blog. How does understanding how children use the Social Web prepare us for our instruction in the classroom?
2 – After watching Video #2 of John White’s perspective of Digital Residents, respond to this question on your class blog. How does understanding how children use the Social Web prepare us for our instruction in the classroom?
3 – Test Connection for Virtual Class on June 5th starting at 7pm – Blackboard Collaborate
The Digital Diet @ http://wapo.st/mHfHeS
Rethinking Learning: The 21st Century Learner | MacArthur Foundation @ http://youtu.be/c0xa98cy-Rw
Fox, Jo-Ann. “Twitter Is My Teacher Superpower: 5 Steps to Make It Yours.” The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 02 Dec. 2013. Web. 27 May 2014.
“Personal Learning Networks for Educators: 10 Tips – Getting Smart by Guest Author – Edchat, EdTech, PLN.” Getting Smart Personal Learning Networks for Educators 10 Tips Comments. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 May 2014.