SMART Exhcange – free and purchase lessons/Widgets/Manipulatives
SMART Notebook Express – create and view Notebook files
Intro to SMART board video by me and Dr. Langran
SMARTClassrooms YouTube Channel
After watching the video above, choose one of the questions to answer and post your answer to the comments on this post. Please read and reply to at least one of your classmates answers.
1. What are specific ethical issues you see kids struggling when they use digital media?
2. How is our sense of identity changing in the digital world? How can adults learn from kids and guide them at the same time?
3. How does teaching and learning change in a world where information is at your fingertips?
What do we know about the brain and how does what we know (or think we know) drive how we teach. John Medina and his book Brain Rules breaks the latest brain research into 12 principles/rules. His book is a great read and it is supported by a companion DVD. Much of the video content on the DVD is shared on his website @BrainRules.net. On this site you can access information/activities to support all 12 principles/rules by selection the icon at the top of the media window.
Check out this news report that does a great job of summarizing the book.
Post 2 responses on your blog/class preparation:
- Explore the resources at BrainRules.net.
- Read the latest report from Project Tomorrow’s Speak Up 2014 Student Survey. Create a post with your reaction of this report and detail how it will help you plan your instruction.
- Become an expert on one of the Social Learning Tools bookmarked here.
- Create a group (no larger than 3) or decide to complete individually
- Choose one of the tools, create an account and learn/explore
- Create a presentation using tips/tools from July 10th class.
- Be prepared to share your presentation (posted on your blog) on the July 11th class. Sign up for a time/tool here.
- Sign up for your Flipped/Podcast share day here (online share July 10th OR Saturday share July 11th).
Virtual Class on July 10th! So you can particpate anywhere with a computer and an Internet Connection. Please log in at least 10 minutes before 6pm.
Login here to participate (might need to download a program before you can launch) I will be at the Reston Center if you prefer to be in the lab with me (for extra tech support).
Saturday Class on July 11th will begin at 9 am and planned to last until 2 pm (with additional online work).